Sunday, April 10, 2011

Hamburger Heaven

I made this for the first time last week and we really enjoyed it.  A few things that I did differently were (1) I used less meat, (2) I left out the mushroom soup because we don't like it and the cheese because I'm nursing a lactose intolerant baby, and (3) because I used less meat, I used less of everything else too (except the cream of celery soup, because I wanted it to make up for the cream of mushroom).

Ingredients:
2 lbs hamburger
1 sm onion, sliced (I chopped into tiny pieces)
1 can mushroom soup
1 can celery soup
1/4 c milk
1 bag frozen peas
cheese, shredded
tater tots

Brown meat and onion.  Drain.  Place in casserole dish.  Mix the two soups with the milk and spread over meat mixture.  Cover with peas.  Top with cheese.  As a final layer add Tater Tots.  Bake in 350* oven for 1 hour.

First of all, please note that I copied this word for word, comma for comma, from a cook book my grandma's group of friends put together.  I take no credit for the way it's written (in fact, it bothers me).  Now that I've made that disclaimer, I feel better :)  Anyway, back to the meal.  Everyone, even the picky toddler, loved this.  My hubby ate seconds... and thirds... and leftovers!  That says a LOT!

We did not have any sides with this meal because the peas are already in it.  Same with the Tater Tots.  I figured it didn't need anything else.

J gave this meal an 8
I give it an 8.5

Yum Yum!

Once again, I will add the picture when I get it uploaded to the computer... hopefully later today!

No comments:

Post a Comment